.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
February 7, 2007

Opinion: Why I’ve Missed the First Three Weeks of Your Class

by Steve Snelling, State University of New York Sophomore

Snelling: Ready to hit the books, a month too late

(Syracuse, NY)—Professor McKellor, I know your office hours ended like, 47 minutes ago, and you’ve never met me before, but my name is Steve and I’m in your 9 a.m. advanced communications class and I have a totally reasonable explanation for why I’ve missed the first three weeks of your course.

My grandfather lives in Maine and has been really, really sick with this rare type of butt cancer. So sick, in fact, that I had to stay with him, alone, in his one-room log cabin after Christmas and care for him since the rest of my family is a bunch of jackholes. He’s dirt poor so I had to rake leaves and stuff to buy extra blankets and ice fish for lobster just to survive. There was no telephone or internet or anything which is why I don’t have your syllabus and I couldn’t get in touch with you until now.

Elderly cancer patient being examined by his doctor for rare form of butt cancerGramps had the butt cancer bad. Real bad.

I know you’ll probably say that I should simply withdrawal and all that — I’ve missed too much, I’m way behind in the reading, etc. But let me level with you: I have a 1.2 GPA. That should tell you how serious I am about finishing this course, because if I don’t pull my grades up this term, the university is gonna send me packing for a community college back in East Rushford and I am clearly not remedial material, plus there's this girl I really need to avoid back there, trying to serve me with papers for this bullshit paternity lawsuit. You feel me?

I should probably also mention that I've got what you call one of your learning disorder deals. I’m not sure if those people in Student Services notified you, but I need extra testing time, extended deadlines, and tapes of all your lectures. In high school it was a huge struggle for my Civil Rights and stuff, so I hope you won’t be discriminatory and give me a C just because I have special needs and a unique learning style.

Thanks for talking this through with me, Professor McKellor. If you could just get together all the handouts and notes I’ve missed, that would be great. I should be back on track by midterms, so until then, we’ll be seeing a lot of each other. I know I’m going to learn a lot from you this semester.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
I love the blog that you have. I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours and in return I would do the same for your blog. If you want to, my site name is American Legends and the URL is:

www.americanlegends.blogspot.com

If you want to do this just go to my blog and in one of the comments just write your blog name and the URL and I will add it to my site.

Thanks,
David
 
David:

Please buy a shotgun and blow your motherfucking brains out. This is a respectable newspaper, not some advertising gang-bang.

Yours,

Billy Pilgrim
 
Bob was kind the first time dipshit posted, but this fuckstick has posted the exact same comment at least 756 times, according to Google.

AMERICAN LEGENDS MUST DIE!!!

(caps lock for special emphasis, because, well, THAT'S WHY JESUS INVENTED THE FUCKING CAPS LOCK.)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Copyright 2007, Codependent Collegian ® . Unauthorized duplication prohibited, but feel free to link away. This is a satirical newspaper, and many of these stories are fictional. You have to guess which ones are faked. Codependent Collegian ® uses invented names in its stories, except when public figures are being satirized, or when we post a real story. Any other use of real names is accidental and coincidental. Subcomandante Bob once got jiggy with your mom, and she does things in bed that would shock you, dude. The content of this website is the property of Codependent Collegian ® and its authors, and may not be reprinted or retransmitted in whole or in part without the expressed written consent of the publisher. Codependent Collegian ® is not designed for readers under 18 years of age. FAIR USE NOTICE: This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, sustainable development, environmental, community and worker health, democracy, public disclosure, corporate accountability, and social justice issues, mostly because hot college women are also interested in the same issues. Go figure. Anyways, we believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without fee or payment of any kind to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes, except when you are using it to get laid. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?